If you are considering buying a whiteboard for your school or office, you may have discovered that there are many more options out there than ever before. So which whiteboard is the right one for you?
You can choose different features such as whiteboards which are formatted for projection; premium surfaces that don’t ghost, such as vitreous enamel board or glass; mobile boards, and high-quality frames.
It can all be a bit confusing.
You might want to learn more about the different whiteboard surfaces before you go any further and you can do that by clicking here.
In the following article, we will try and help guide you through some of the options that are currently available from our site. Hopefully, this will help you to match the best product to your needs. Once you’ve determined which version is most suitable, all you need to do is select the size from the drop down box.
1. Colour Edged Whiteboards - One of the most cost effective options available. A frameless melamine board with a tough ABS coloured edge – choose from 6 colours to best match your décor. The boards are plain on one side but have a faint 20mm grid on the reverse to aid writing. Choose which side you want to use before fixing flush to the wall.
2. Whiteboard Wall - Ideal when you want to cover a very large area. These melamine boards are very similar to the Colour Edged boards (they also have a plain side and a gridded side) but the ABS edge colour is white which allows a continuous dry-wipe surface to be created by fixing the boards side by side.
3. Aluminium Framed Whiteboards - Not all aluminium framed whiteboards are the same! They are available in a choice of 3 different dry-wipe surfaces at different price points:
- Non-magnetic whiteboard – the same melamine board that is used in Colour Edged and Whiteboard walls. This board is plain one side with a faint grid to the reverse. Budget option.
- Magnetic whiteboard – this board has a coated steel writing surface and it accepts magnets and magnetic tapes. It is more expensive than the non-magnetic board.
- Magnetic Vitreous Enamel Steel board – the ‘Rolls Royce’ surface. Accepts magnets and comes with a 25 year guarantee.
4. Shield™ Aluminium Coloured Frame Whiteboards - A more stylish frame design available with a choice of 2 different dry-wipe surfaces.
- Non-magnetic board – the same melamine board used in Colour Edged and Whiteboard walls. This board is plain one side with a faint grid to the reverse. Budget option.
- Magnetic board – this board has a coated steel writing surface and it accepts magnets. It is more expensive than the non-magnetic board. Choose your frame from 5 different colours to suit your colour scheme. Alternatively you could choose plain aluminium or a wood effect finish.
5. Mobile Revolving Whiteboards and Mobile Height-Adjustable Whiteboards - These are great for sharing as they are easy to move between rooms and during presentations you can switch from one side to the other. The Revolving board is available in two finishes, a non-magnetic melamine and magnetic coated steel. Height Adjustable whiteboards are only available with a non-magnetic finish. The non-magnetic boards are plain on one side with a faint 20mm grid to the reverse.
6. Glass Whiteboards – the ultimate in contemporary dry-wipe presentations. These are stylish and rather gorgeous and are available for wall mounting or as a mobile revolving version. They are made from toughened safety glass with a steel back which means they will accept magnets too.
7. Projection Whiteboards – Suitable for short and long throw projections. We have various options all with the superior Magnetic Vitreous Enamel Steel surface. In addition to the normal benefits of having a whiteboard made to this high standard, the super flat surface offers unparalleled picture quality when used for projection. Three formats are supported; 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10. View the Shield™ version here.
You can browse our full selection of whiteboards here, but if you have any further questions in relation to selecting the right boards for the purpose you need, then please do not hesitate to contact us.